- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Chris Andersen
- Updated: July 7, 2016
The departure of center Timofey Mozgov in free agency means that the Cleveland Cavaliers are searching for someone to take his spot on the roster. That person could end up being a former Miami Heat teammate of LeBron James, Chris Andersen.
The reported interest by the Cavaliers was indicated in a tweet by Ethan J. Skolnick of the Miami Herald:
Former Heat watch… Hearing that Chris Andersen is an option in Cleveland
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) July 6, 2016
Mozgov saw little time on the court this past season. However, Andersen’s potential role with the Cavs could be expanded, since his ability to provide an energetic boost for short stretches would allow Tristan Thompson to get brief periods of rest during a game.
Andersen turns 38 on Thursday and split last season with the Heat and Memphis Grizzlies. He saw limited time with the Heat, but managed 18.3 minutes per game at Memphis, averaging 9.0 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in the latter case.
Whoever the Cavaliers end up getting will have to be willing to accept the veteran’s minimum salary. Last season, Andersen made $5 million, but the chance to reunite with James and an opportunity for another title like the two shared in 2013 may make that idea that much more amenable.