- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: LeBron James’ Agent Confirms He’s Re-Signing with Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: July 5, 2016
Confirming what had been reported on the day of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ June 22 victory parade, LeBron James’ agent, Rich Paul, has indicated to other teams that James will be staying with the Cavaliers for the 2016-17 season.
On the day of the parade, James was quoted as saying that he wouldn’t be leaving. However, no official confirmation was made and James then officially opted out of his two-year deal on June 29.
Early Tuesday afternoon, ESPN’s Marc Stein tweeted that other teams were continuing to contact Paul about James’ availability:
Teams are still calling to check on the unsigned LeBron James, but I'm told agent Rich Paul politely informs them James is staying a Cav
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 5, 2016
James is technically an unrestricted free agent after having made $22.97 million during the 2015-16 season. He’s currently in line to make $30.8 million for the upcoming campaign when he re-signs with the Cavaliers.
Due to continued increases in the NBA’s salary cap over the next few years, James will continue to receive pay increases. He’s likely to make $35 million during the 2017-18 season and could break the $40 million-per-year barrier in 2019-20, a season during which he’ll turn 35 years old.