- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
LeBron James and Michelle Obama Team up to Promote Higher Education
- Updated: October 21, 2015
Wednesday afternoon will see the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James and First Lady Michelle Obama team up for an event at the University of Akron that will help promote the importance of higher education.
James is attending because many of the attendees at the event will be from the Wheels for Education program and Akron I PROMISE Network that’s part of the LeBron James Family Foundation.
That project is seen as a complement to Mrs. Obama’s own Reach Higher initiative, which is attempting to promote the idea of graduating high school students attending a college, university, community college or trade school.
In August, James announced that his foundation was going to commit in offering scholarships to the University of Akron for students that graduate from Akron public schools. In addition to graduating, those students must also maintain good attendance at school, perform community service and address any testing or academic needs.
James has also filmed a two-minute commercial about the project that was released on Tuesday: