- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers and Spurs Discussing Brendan Haywood Trade
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs are currently discussing a trade involving Brendan Haywood and his non-guaranteed $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, according to Mike Monroe of The San Antonio Express-News.
The Spurs are reportedly dangling Tiago Splitter ($8.5 million) or Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) along with Patty Mills ($3.5 million) in exchange for Haywood.
— Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) June 30, 2015
How both sides benefit from such a trade is rather simple—the Cavs get a big they can trade for help on the wings, while Mills can help with scoring off the bench.
On the other hand, the Spurs are in hot pursuit of free agent LaMarcus Aldridge. By acquiring Haywood, they would then release him and clear up roughly $10.5 million in cap space in order to sign Aldridge.
If the trade is to occur, there is little doubt that both sides would benefit almost immediately due to the transaction.