- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers and Spurs Discussing Brendan Haywood Trade
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs are currently discussing a trade involving Brendan Haywood and his non-guaranteed $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, according to Mike Monroe of The San Antonio Express-News.
The Spurs are reportedly dangling Tiago Splitter ($8.5 million) or Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) along with Patty Mills ($3.5 million) in exchange for Haywood.
— Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) June 30, 2015
How both sides benefit from such a trade is rather simple—the Cavs get a big they can trade for help on the wings, while Mills can help with scoring off the bench.
On the other hand, the Spurs are in hot pursuit of free agent LaMarcus Aldridge. By acquiring Haywood, they would then release him and clear up roughly $10.5 million in cap space in order to sign Aldridge.
If the trade is to occur, there is little doubt that both sides would benefit almost immediately due to the transaction.