- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
Cavs News: Kevin Love Out Thursday Night vs. Phoenix Suns
- Updated: January 19, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers return to Quicken Loans Arena for their first game following a six-game road trip, they’ll be playing without starting forward Kevin Love. That’s because according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, he’s been ruled out against the Phoenix Suns as a result of lower back tightness.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) January 19, 2017
Kevin Love out. James Jones will start. Lue wants to keep Frye coming off bench, limit RJ's minutes
— Rick Noland MG/CT (@RickNoland) January 19, 2017
Love, who has battled occasional back trouble during his three seasons with the Cavaliers, first developed this latest problem during the first half of Monday night’s game at Golden State. Due to the steep deficit that Cleveland was facing after the break, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had decided to keep Love on the bench for the remainder of the game.
Love had been considered questionable for the Suns game and will likely have the same status regarding Saturday night’s nationally televised home contest against the San Antonio Spurs.