- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
Cavs News: Kevin Love Out Thursday Night vs. Phoenix Suns
- Updated: January 19, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers return to Quicken Loans Arena for their first game following a six-game road trip, they’ll be playing without starting forward Kevin Love. That’s because according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, he’s been ruled out against the Phoenix Suns as a result of lower back tightness.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) January 19, 2017
Kevin Love out. James Jones will start. Lue wants to keep Frye coming off bench, limit RJ's minutes
— Rick Noland MG/CT (@RickNoland) January 19, 2017
Love, who has battled occasional back trouble during his three seasons with the Cavaliers, first developed this latest problem during the first half of Monday night’s game at Golden State. Due to the steep deficit that Cleveland was facing after the break, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had decided to keep Love on the bench for the remainder of the game.
Love had been considered questionable for the Suns game and will likely have the same status regarding Saturday night’s nationally televised home contest against the San Antonio Spurs.