- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Game Recap: Defensive Meltdown
- Video: J.R. Smith Daps Up Jason Terry on Bucks’ Bench, Bucks Score Free Dunk
- Video: LeBron James Elevates for the Wicked Tomahawk Dunk
- Kyrie Irving Explains Why He’s Such a Lethal One-on-One Player
- Cavs News: Kevin Love Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Video: Odell Beckham Jr. Taunts Cleveland Browns Fans With LeBron James Celebration
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game Recap: Money Time
- Video: LeBron James Follows Up Tristan Thompson’s Miss With Putback Dunk
- Cavs News: Iman Shumpert to Miss Sunday’s Game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Showcasing Jordan McRae for Possible Trade
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- Updated: October 21, 2016
That’s because of a recent report from Zach Lowe of ESPN.com, who quotes that the Minnesota Timberwolves and several other teams have inquired about Shumpert’s availability, while the Cavs have been willing to listen.
The Cavs would be able to recoup some of the luxury tax bill they’re facing after the signing of J.R. Smith. Shumpert is scheduled to make $9.66 million this season.
One report indicates that the two teams have spoken about Timberwolves reserve point guard Tyus Jones being part of any deal, while other rumors have starting point guard Ricky Rubio in the mix. Jones was a 2015 Cleveland draftee before being sent to Minnesota.
Shumpert’s injury history has been a problem during his time with the Cavaliers and he’s still facing possible league discipline for an offseason DUI arrest that involved marijuana. Still, his prowess on the defensive side of the ball could be vital in the Cavs’ quest to repeat as NBA champions.