- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Sit out Wednesday vs. Orlando Magic
- Updated: October 4, 2016
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be starting their preseason schedule at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday night, one notable name won’t take part in the matchup against the Orlando Magic. That player is starting point guard Kyrie Irving, though Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue was quick to note that all players in camp are healthy.
News of Irving’s absence was forwarded in a tweet by Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, who also noted that LeBron James will compete for at least a short period of time.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 4, 2016
The last time Irving took the court for the Cavs during the preseason was two years ago. Last season, he was in month four of his six-month rehabilitation from a fractured kneecap and didn’t officially enter a game until December 20.
Rust certainly isn’t a problem for Irving, who spent the summer as part of the United States men’s national basketball team in Rio. While not saying anything about Irving’s past problems with injuries, Cleveland’s coaching staff is undoubtedly not going to press their luck in a meaningless exhibition game.
There was no word on whether Irving would play in the Cavaliers’ second preseason clash on Saturday night at home against the Philadelphia 76ers.