- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Sit out Wednesday vs. Orlando Magic
- Updated: October 4, 2016
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be starting their preseason schedule at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday night, one notable name won’t take part in the matchup against the Orlando Magic. That player is starting point guard Kyrie Irving, though Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue was quick to note that all players in camp are healthy.
News of Irving’s absence was forwarded in a tweet by Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, who also noted that LeBron James will compete for at least a short period of time.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 4, 2016
The last time Irving took the court for the Cavs during the preseason was two years ago. Last season, he was in month four of his six-month rehabilitation from a fractured kneecap and didn’t officially enter a game until December 20.
Rust certainly isn’t a problem for Irving, who spent the summer as part of the United States men’s national basketball team in Rio. While not saying anything about Irving’s past problems with injuries, Cleveland’s coaching staff is undoubtedly not going to press their luck in a meaningless exhibition game.
There was no word on whether Irving would play in the Cavaliers’ second preseason clash on Saturday night at home against the Philadelphia 76ers.