- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Mo Williams to Play One More Season With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 22, 2016
Coming back #onemoreyear
— Mo Williams (@mowilliams) September 22, 2016
Williams, who signed a two-year, $4.3 million deal two seasons ago, exercised his player option for the 2015-16 season. There was some uncertainty over whether or not the Cavs would bring the veteran back, though.
According to Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, the Cavs decided against waiving the 33-year-old prior to the August 31 deadline in order to stretch the $2.2 million salary Williams is owed over the next five years. As a result, this lowers the team’s luxury tax penalties.
Williams averaged 8.2 points and 2.4 assists per game last season and will look to help the Cavs win back-to-back titles in 2016-17.