- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Charles Barkley Takes a Shot at LeBron James, Compares Him to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: August 27, 2016
TNT analyst Charles Barkley has never been one to bite his tongue, and he certainly didn’t do that on Friday during his appearance on the 94WIP Morning Show with Howard Eskin.
During a particular segment on the show, Barkley and Eskin discussed Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James and what he said recently about chasing the “ghost” of Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all-time.
Here’s what Barkley had to say:
“The only problem I have with it, I don’t know how he just passes Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan … Now if he wins a couple more championships, yeah he’s in that conversation, but that’s a long way to go.”
The Hall of Famer then went on to list his top five players of all-time, which included Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He then went on to say that Bryant and Duncan ranked sixth and seventh respectively, while James was eighth on his list.
Whether James is on Barkley’s top five list or not, there’s not doubt that when The King’s career is all said and done, he will go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all-time.