- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
Charles Barkley Takes a Shot at LeBron James, Compares Him to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: August 27, 2016
TNT analyst Charles Barkley has never been one to bite his tongue, and he certainly didn’t do that on Friday during his appearance on the 94WIP Morning Show with Howard Eskin.
During a particular segment on the show, Barkley and Eskin discussed Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James and what he said recently about chasing the “ghost” of Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all-time.
Here’s what Barkley had to say:
“The only problem I have with it, I don’t know how he just passes Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan … Now if he wins a couple more championships, yeah he’s in that conversation, but that’s a long way to go.”
The Hall of Famer then went on to list his top five players of all-time, which included Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He then went on to say that Bryant and Duncan ranked sixth and seventh respectively, while James was eighth on his list.
Whether James is on Barkley’s top five list or not, there’s not doubt that when The King’s career is all said and done, he will go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all-time.