- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Charles Barkley Takes a Shot at LeBron James, Compares Him to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: August 27, 2016
TNT analyst Charles Barkley has never been one to bite his tongue, and he certainly didn’t do that on Friday during his appearance on the 94WIP Morning Show with Howard Eskin.
During a particular segment on the show, Barkley and Eskin discussed Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James and what he said recently about chasing the “ghost” of Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player of all-time.
Here’s what Barkley had to say:
“The only problem I have with it, I don’t know how he just passes Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan … Now if he wins a couple more championships, yeah he’s in that conversation, but that’s a long way to go.”
The Hall of Famer then went on to list his top five players of all-time, which included Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He then went on to say that Bryant and Duncan ranked sixth and seventh respectively, while James was eighth on his list.
Whether James is on Barkley’s top five list or not, there’s not doubt that when The King’s career is all said and done, he will go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all-time.