- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
Video: Rare Footage of 18-Year-Old Kyrie Irving Playing Hoops With Friends
- Updated: August 25, 2016
The fact that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving has already accomplished so much at the age of 24 makes people often forget that just six years ago, he was beginning his only season at Duke University.
Recently, a 2010 video of an 18-year-old Irving surfaced on YouTube showing him shooting baskets with some of his Duke buddies. The video lasts slightly over three minutes and shows casual shooting by the players prior to a friendly dunk contest.
The irony of this is that Irving currently scores few points via dunks in his game today. Still, the video offers evidence of Irving’s ability to offer up crowd-pleasing dunks, if necessary. Multiple examples show him bouncing the ball, grabbing it with one hand followed by, recalling former Cavs broadcaster Joe Tait’s pronouncement of a LeBron James dunk, “Wham with the right hand!”
There’s no indication if any winner was actually chosen, but based on the video, Irving should have captured the title.