- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Reggie Miller Says He’d Take Larry Bird Over LeBron James in Mock Draft
- Updated: August 9, 2015
Former Indiana Pacers star Reggie Miller recently made an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show and said that in a hypothetical draft, he would take former Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird over LeBron James.
Miller argued that with today’s rules and the landscape of the current era, Bird would have the advantage.
“I gotta go with Larry Joe (Bird’s middle name is Joe),” Miller said. “In today’s rules, you can’t touch him!”
Although Bird obviously wasn’t the physical presence James is on the court, Bird was able to impact the game in a different manner and would most definitely love today’s speed and pace.
Still, the way James is able to impact the game on both sides of the floor and literally carry the the team on his back whether it be in the NBA Finals or regular season, gives the four-time MVP the nod in our books.