- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Denver Nuggets Rookie’s Hilarious Reaction When Told to Guard LeBron James for First Time
- Updated: March 14, 2017
Going up against Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, even for the most seasoned veterans can present a challenge. For Denver Nuggets power forward Juan Hernangomez, some early success resulted in reality soon setting in for the rookie.
Hernangomez spoke with Harrison Wind of BSN Denver a few days after he had faced James for the first time during a Feb. 11 Cavaliers-Nuggets game:
Juancho: "First time coach said you got LeBron, I said 'oh my god.' First ball in the low post I stole it so I think he may be angry at me." pic.twitter.com/Zqzqc228Tj
— Harrison Wind (@NBAWind) February 14, 2017
With James having been named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player four times and winning NBA Finals MVP three, his stature around the world was long established before Hernangomez even entered the league. Even from afar, the rookie offered an astute assessment of James:
“He’s probably the best player in the world for the past 15 years,” Hernangomez said.
The Denver rookie will get another chance to face James when the Cavaliers travel to Denver for a game on Mar. 22.