- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Cavs to Sign Derrick Williams for Remainder of Season
- Updated: March 2, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers confirmed on Wednesday night that forward Derrick Williams will be signed by the team for the remainder of the season. Due to the conclusion of his second 10-day contract, Williams had to be given a contract for the remainder of the season or he would’ve immediately become a free agent.
Cavaliers plan to sign forward Derrick Williams for rest of season Saturday when last 10-day deal expires, league source tells @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 2, 2017
The move isn’t really a surprise, given that previous speculation had indicated that the Cavaliers would make such a move.
Since putting on a Cavs jersey, Williams has seen action in all seven games since his signing. The Cavaliers have a 5-2 mark in that time period and Williams is averaging 10.1 points and 3.4 rebounds in those games, playing an average of 24.0 minutes per game
Williams was the first of three new additions to Cleveland’s injury-depleted roster over the past month. Point guard Deron Williams was added on Monday and is making his Cavs debut in Wednesday night’s game in Boston. Meanwhile, veteran center Andrew Bogut indicated on Tuesday night that he’ll also be joining the Cavaliers this weekend.