- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Cavs Expected to Sign Both Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams
- Updated: February 24, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be on the verge of signing both point guard Deron Williams and veteran center Andrew Bogut according to multiple reports. The 7-foot Bogut is expected to be bought out by the Philadelphia 76ers after having been traded to them by the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Source: belief amongst many NBA teams is that Andrew Bogut is heading to Cleveland. Deron Willlams, as I reported is signing w/#Cavs as well
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 23, 2017
Signing Bogut would keep the Golden State Warriors from bringing him back after having dealt him to Dallas last July. Ordinarily, the Warriors wouldn’t be able to acquire Bogut for at least a year following the trade, but because the Mavericks were the last team to trade him, a loophole in the league’s CBA removes that restriction.
Bogut is 32-years-old and averaged 3.0 points and 8.3 rebounds in 26 games with the Mavericks. He also provides size in the paint and has a career 1.6 blocks-per-game average.