- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
Report: Cavaliers Sign Derrick Williams to Second 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 22, 2017
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com explained the terms of the new deal, which will expire on March 4:
“The 10-day contract is for $67,700. Should the Cavs need his roster spot for any reason — like clearing a roster spot to make a trade in which the Cavs take on multiple players with the intent to waive one — they can simply terminate Williams’ 10-day contract and then sign him for the rest of the season after the trade.”
The expectation is that Williams will be signed to a contract for the duration of the season once this second 10-day deal expires. NBA rules state that the Cavaliers must do that or Williams immediately becomes a free agent.
The Cavaliers resume play on Thursday night with a nationally televised game against the New York Knicks on TNT with tipoff set for just after 8 p.m. ET.