- Video: Cavaliers Hilariously Sing Classic Love Song in Spirit of Valentine’s Day
- Video: Kyrie Irving Stars in New Uncle Drew Commercial With Baron Davis
- Report: Cavs Let Kevin Love Play With Injured Knee for Three Games
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game Recap: Gaining Rhythm
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
Video: Cavaliers Hilariously Sing Classic Love Song in Spirit of Valentine’s Day
- Updated: February 17, 2017
The collective basketball ability of the Cleveland Cavaliers roster is such that they’ve been able to reach the NBA Finals in each of the last two years and win the franchise’s first title this past season. However, that high level of skill doesn’t always extend to their singing ability, which was captured in an Instagram video and posted on Thursday afternoon.
Taking turns singing lines from the late Whitney Houston’s, “I Will Always Love You,” are five members of the team: Kyrie Irving, Jordan McRae, Kay Felder, Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson. Irving appears at the beginning and end of the short video and arguably offers the best effort, though he states in the video that he was given the most difficult part to sing.
The song was Houston’s biggest hit and was part of her role in the 1992 Kevin Costner film, “The Bodyguard.” Last Saturday marked the fifth anniversary of her death at the age of 48.