- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
- Video: LeBron’s Priceless Reaction After His Most Obvious Travel of All-Time
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- Updated: February 15, 2017
According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to make a big move in the coming weeks, with a trade for New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony not out of the realm of possibility.
After it was revealed that starting power forward Kevin Love would be out at least six weeks after undergoing knee surgery, Cavs ownership has given the franchise the green light to increase its payroll.
Ownership has given #Cavs green light to increase payroll/tax, per AmicoHoops source. Team said to be working on several trade possibilities
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) February 14, 2017
Although this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Cavs are going after Anthony, it does indicate that the Cavs are aware of the dire situation they’re in and are willing to make a big move before the trade deadline.
The Cavs are currently just two games ahead of the Celtics in the East as they try to hold on to the elusive first seed in the Eastern Conference.