- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- Updated: February 15, 2017
According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to make a big move in the coming weeks, with a trade for New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony not out of the realm of possibility.
After it was revealed that starting power forward Kevin Love would be out at least six weeks after undergoing knee surgery, Cavs ownership has given the franchise the green light to increase its payroll.
Ownership has given #Cavs green light to increase payroll/tax, per AmicoHoops source. Team said to be working on several trade possibilities
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) February 14, 2017
Although this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Cavs are going after Anthony, it does indicate that the Cavs are aware of the dire situation they’re in and are willing to make a big move before the trade deadline.
The Cavs are currently just two games ahead of the Celtics in the East as they try to hold on to the elusive first seed in the Eastern Conference.