- Video: Richard Jefferson Makes Fun of LeBron’s Newest SkyMall Purchase
- Video: Byron Scott Takes Stand on LeBron’s Rank in Today’s NBA
- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Forward Derrick Williams to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 9, 2017
Free agent Derrick Williams is signing a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 9, 2017
Williams became an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday after going unclaimed on waivers. He had played 25 games with the Miami Heat before being released.
The second overall draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft averaged 5.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in his 25 games with the Heat, starting in 11 of them.
The 10-day deal, which counts for $57,672 against the Cleveland’s cap, provides Williams with some flexibility in case the Cavaliers decide to make an impactful trade before the Feb. 23 trade deadline. The Cavs are currently in a luxury-tax tier that applies a $2.50 tax charge for every dollar spent, so Williams’ contract will add more than $144k to the team’s year-end bill.