- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Forward Derrick Williams to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 9, 2017
Free agent Derrick Williams is signing a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 9, 2017
Williams became an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday after going unclaimed on waivers. He had played 25 games with the Miami Heat before being released.
The second overall draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft averaged 5.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in his 25 games with the Heat, starting in 11 of them.
The 10-day deal, which counts for $57,672 against the Cleveland’s cap, provides Williams with some flexibility in case the Cavaliers decide to make an impactful trade before the Feb. 23 trade deadline. The Cavs are currently in a luxury-tax tier that applies a $2.50 tax charge for every dollar spent, so Williams’ contract will add more than $144k to the team’s year-end bill.