- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game Recap: Running Out of Gas
Report: Cavs Narrow Down List of Possible Backup Point Guards to Four Players
- Updated: February 3, 2017
James isn’t too thrilled about his team’s struggles, and he has made that clear through his demands that an additional playmaker be added to the roster.
As a result, Cleveland held a workout Wednesday afternoon with four potential additions to the roster: Mario Chalmers, Kirk Hinrich, Jordan Farmar, and Lance Stephenson.
Now, it appears Cleveland is set on signing one of the four players who attended the workout, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com:
“A team source told ESPN the Cavs would likely sign one of the four from workout, but no decision was made as of Wednesday evening.”
The player among the group that is most familiar with James is his former Miami Heat teammate Chalmers, who had held a roster spot last season with the Memphis Grizzlies along with Stephenson before tearing his Achilles.
Only two of the four players have played this season — Stephenson and Farmar — who made brief stints with the New Orleans Pelicans and Sacramento Kings, respectively. Hinrich played only half of last season, spending 11 games with the Atlanta Hawks and 35 with the Chicago Bulls.