- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving Among Eight Participants in 2017 Three-Point Contest
- Updated: February 3, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving is looking to build on his 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest victory as he has officially entered his name into the 2017 JBL Three-Point Contest at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, LA.
The NBA officially announced the contest’s participants on Thursday as Irving will be joined by seven other long-range snipers including Eric Gordon of the Houston Rockets, Kyle Lowry of the Toronto Raptors, Wesley Matthews of the Dallas Mavericks, C.J. McCollum of the Portland Trail Blazers, Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors, Kemba Walker of the Charlotte Hornets, and Nick Young of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Irving is shooting a blistering 39.5 percent from three-point range this season and is sinking a career-high 2.4 3-pointers per game with his most heralded trey coming in last year’s NBA Finals against Thompson’s Warriors.
The contest will be held at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Smoothie King Center and will be nationally televised on TNT.