- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving Among Eight Participants in 2017 Three-Point Contest
- Updated: February 3, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving is looking to build on his 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest victory as he has officially entered his name into the 2017 JBL Three-Point Contest at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, LA.
The NBA officially announced the contest’s participants on Thursday as Irving will be joined by seven other long-range snipers including Eric Gordon of the Houston Rockets, Kyle Lowry of the Toronto Raptors, Wesley Matthews of the Dallas Mavericks, C.J. McCollum of the Portland Trail Blazers, Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors, Kemba Walker of the Charlotte Hornets, and Nick Young of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Irving is shooting a blistering 39.5 percent from three-point range this season and is sinking a career-high 2.4 3-pointers per game with his most heralded trey coming in last year’s NBA Finals against Thompson’s Warriors.
The contest will be held at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Smoothie King Center and will be nationally televised on TNT.