- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game Recap: Running Out of Gas
LeBron Reacts to Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors After Loss to Kings
- Updated: January 26, 2017
Struggles for the Cleveland Cavaliers on the court remain, and the rumors off of it aren’t of much concern right now to LeBron James. That was evident on Wednesday night from his lack of interest in talking about a report from earlier Wednesday about the Cavaliers acquiring his close friend, New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.
During his postgame remarks, James was asked about his opinion on the trade rumors involving Anthony and teammate Kevin Love.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) January 26, 2017
“I have no reaction. We’ve got 14 guys in here (and) we need to be ready every night,” James said. “We can’t play fantasy basketball, we’ve got who we’ve got and we’ve got to go out and play.”
James has spoken in the past of teaming up with Anthony at some point during the remainder of their careers. The two entered the NBA in 2003, when James was the top selection in that year’s draft, followed two spots later by Anthony’s selection by his original team, the Denver Nuggets.
Wednesday night’s 116-112 loss to the Sacramento Kings is the sixth in the last eight games for Cleveland, who hosts Brooklyn on Friday night, with tipoff set for just after 7:30 p.m.