- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game Recap: Running Out of Gas
Report: Knicks Reveal Who They’d Want in Exchange for Carmelo Anthony
- Updated: January 21, 2017
New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has been at the center of trade rumors for weeks now, but any trade talk has been stifled by one thing: Anthony’s no-trade clause.
The nine-time All-Star would have to approve any trade before the Knicks could go through with one, and most sources have suggested he would only be willing to go to the Los Angeles Clippers or the Cleveland Cavaliers. Now, we are finding out the Knicks’ considerably high asking price for sending Anthony to the Cavs:
— AmicoHoopsNet (@AmicoHoopsSite) January 20, 2017
The Knicks are reportedly asking for Cavs big man Kevin Love in exchange for their longtime star player, and Cleveland is reportedly not interested.
It would be a bold move from the defending champions to move Love, especially with him having a career season with the Cavs. For the year, he’s putting up 20.7 points and 10.8 rebounds in only 31.6 minutes per game.
Anthony is putting up similar numbers offensively with slightly more playing time, scoring 22.3 points per game while averaging 33.3 minutes. However, he doesn’t quite rebound like the Cavs big man, with only 6.0 per game and many suggest that Anthony’s ball-stopping tendencies won’t work in Cleveland’s free-flowing offense.