- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
LeBron James Reveals His Workout and Diet Routine to Stay in Unbelievable Shape
- Updated: December 28, 2016
Being able to play at a superstar level for the past 14 years like LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers has required a tremendous amount of work and effort on the court. Off of it, maintaining a steady diet can often be difficult due to the constant travel requirements that can mean eating at odd hours.
James recently spoke with Alyson Shontell of Business Insider about his daily diet and workout schedule throughout the year, which consists mainly of healthy options.
“Before competition for me would be like a chicken breast and maybe a little pasta. The carbs help because you’re going out and playing a lot of minutes,” James said. “But a salad and some veggies will have me perfectly fine. And before the game I might have a protein shake and some fruit, and I’ll be ready to go. But as far as pies or pizza and sandwiches and french fries — I can’t. I’ll wait for that after the game. I can’t do that before the game.”
As far as James’ workout regimen goes, the four-time MVP typically works out seven days a week during the NBA season and five days a week during the offseason. James also goes into detail about the varying types of workouts he takes part in.
“My workout regimen is pretty much five times a week, every day. And it varies,” James said. “Sometimes I stay at home and work out. Sometimes I’ll go to an actual class. I’ve been to, like, VersaClimber classes, or spinning classes. I do pilates as well. So, it kind of varies depending on how I’m feeling.
“During the season, we’re playing basketball every single day, and we’re working on our bodies every day. So I don’t get the opportunity to do the classes as much because we’re doing a lot of traveling. But my workout regimen is pretty consistent then as well. It’s mostly seven days a week during the season because we play games on the weekend.”
All of that attention to detail has led to both individual and team success. Each of the last six teams that James has been on, whether in Miami or Cleveland, has made it to the NBA Finals. In three of those battles, James has emerged as the Most Valuable Player.