- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
LeBron James Named 2016 AP Male Athlete of the Year
- Updated: December 27, 2016
In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James took home yet another award on Tuesday as the Associated Press named the three-time champion its 2016 Male Athlete of the Year.
BREAKING: Cavaliers superstar LeBron James voted AP Male Athlete of 2016 after bringing NBA title to Cleveland. pic.twitter.com/b0gF9WOICx
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) December 27, 2016
James received 24 of 59 possible first-place votes to win the award as Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps came in second with 16 first-place votes.
The four-time MVP led his Cavs team to its first-ever NBA title last June against the Golden State Warriors, averaging 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.6 steals, and 2.3 blocks per game. His team became the first-ever to come back from being down 3-1 in the NBA Finals.