- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
LeBron James Named 2016 AP Male Athlete of the Year
- Updated: December 27, 2016
In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James took home yet another award on Tuesday as the Associated Press named the three-time champion its 2016 Male Athlete of the Year.
BREAKING: Cavaliers superstar LeBron James voted AP Male Athlete of 2016 after bringing NBA title to Cleveland. pic.twitter.com/b0gF9WOICx
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) December 27, 2016
James received 24 of 59 possible first-place votes to win the award as Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps came in second with 16 first-place votes.
The four-time MVP led his Cavs team to its first-ever NBA title last June against the Golden State Warriors, averaging 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.6 steals, and 2.3 blocks per game. His team became the first-ever to come back from being down 3-1 in the NBA Finals.