- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
LeBron James Named 2016 AP Male Athlete of the Year
- Updated: December 27, 2016
In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James took home yet another award on Tuesday as the Associated Press named the three-time champion its 2016 Male Athlete of the Year.
BREAKING: Cavaliers superstar LeBron James voted AP Male Athlete of 2016 after bringing NBA title to Cleveland. pic.twitter.com/b0gF9WOICx
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) December 27, 2016
James received 24 of 59 possible first-place votes to win the award as Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps came in second with 16 first-place votes.
The four-time MVP led his Cavs team to its first-ever NBA title last June against the Golden State Warriors, averaging 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.6 steals, and 2.3 blocks per game. His team became the first-ever to come back from being down 3-1 in the NBA Finals.