- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: J.R. Smith to Be Out Significantly Longer Than Expected
- Updated: December 23, 2016
In a shocking turn of events, Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith, who was originally supposed to miss just four to six weeks following surgery on his right thumb, is now expected to miss 12 to 14 weeks as a result of the procedure.
Cavs announced JR Smith expected to miss 12-14 weeks following thumb surgery
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) December 23, 2016
That means Smith will miss around 40-47 more games and may not be back in the lineup until a month before playoffs begin.
With reserve center Chris Andersen already out for the season with an ACL tear and starting power forward Kevin Love dealing with an ailment of his own, this is the last thing the Cavs need at this point in the season.