- LeBron James Explains Why He Doesn’t Want to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel
- Cavs News: Team Releases MRI Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: LeBron James Speaks on Status of His Near Injury
- LeBron James and Other Cavs Players Refuse to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel When Cavs Play Knicks
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Game Recap: Cavs Stop Three-Game Skid
- Cavs News: Team Releases Initial X-Ray Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: Kyrie Irving Delivers Sick Behind-the-Back Pass to LeBron James on Fast Break
- Video: J.R. Smith in Serious Pain After Landing Awkwardly on Left Knee
- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
Cavs News: LeBron James Misses Practice Due to Off-Court Matter
- Updated: November 22, 2016
There’s little that stands in the way of basketball for Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, but when it comes to legal proceedings, there’s not much even James can do about it. Those circumstances resulted in his missing the team’s practice on Tuesday.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com indicated that James gave a deposition as a part of a lawsuit against the players union (NBPA) by Billy Hunter, its former executive director. Hunter is claiming wrongful termination after he was dismissed in February 2013 after serving in that capacity for 17 years, and is asking for $10.5 million in damages.
James currently serves as the NBPA’s vice president, though he wasn’t elected to that position until Feb. 2015. However, even prior to that, he had been active in union affairs. His teammate, James Jones, was at the team’s practice and is also scheduled to give a deposition at some point in the future. Jones currently serves as the NBPA’s secretary-treasurer.
Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue said after practice that James had reportedly given the deposition somewhere in northeastern Ohio. He indicated that the superstar forward will be in the lineup for Wednesday night’s home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.