- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
- Video: LeBron’s Priceless Reaction After His Most Obvious Travel of All-Time
- Kyrie Irving Fires Back at Reporter Who Asks If Cavs Feel Vulnerable
Cavs News: LeBron James Misses Practice Due to Off-Court Matter
- Updated: November 22, 2016
There’s little that stands in the way of basketball for Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, but when it comes to legal proceedings, there’s not much even James can do about it. Those circumstances resulted in his missing the team’s practice on Tuesday.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com indicated that James gave a deposition as a part of a lawsuit against the players union (NBPA) by Billy Hunter, its former executive director. Hunter is claiming wrongful termination after he was dismissed in February 2013 after serving in that capacity for 17 years, and is asking for $10.5 million in damages.
James currently serves as the NBPA’s vice president, though he wasn’t elected to that position until Feb. 2015. However, even prior to that, he had been active in union affairs. His teammate, James Jones, was at the team’s practice and is also scheduled to give a deposition at some point in the future. Jones currently serves as the NBPA’s secretary-treasurer.
Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue said after practice that James had reportedly given the deposition somewhere in northeastern Ohio. He indicated that the superstar forward will be in the lineup for Wednesday night’s home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.