- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
Video: LeBron James Discusses Why He and Kyrie Irving Have Been So Effective
- Updated: November 20, 2016
After 12 games into the 2016-17 NBA season, the Cleveland Cavaliers find themselves possessing a 10-2 record in the midst of defending the franchise’s first title. One of the reasons that the team continues to thrive is because of the success it’s had in running the pick-and-roll on the offensive side of the ball.
That success continued on Friday night in the Cavaliers’ 104-81 victory over the Detroit Pistons. LeBron James was asked after the game about how the pick-and-roll was able to work so well during the win and he gave full credit to teammate Kyrie Irving.
“Kyrie was our floor general tonight and he had seven assists in the first quarter. We just wanted to keep milking it,” James said. “The kid was making all the right passes and all the right plays, running the game, running the best way the team had to do tonight. That was just a byproduct of it, us playing a side pick-and-roll, a little middle pick-and-roll as well.”
James answered a number of questions pertaining to the victory, though his pick-and-roll comments begin approximately 30 seconds into the video.
It worked wonders on Friday. pic.twitter.com/XGPs6K6R8Y
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) November 19, 2016
The Cavs have begun a rare four-day break from action, with their next clash set for Wednesday night when they host the Portland Trail Blazers.