- Video: Byron Scott Takes Stand on LeBron’s Rank in Today’s NBA
- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
Cavs News: LeBron James to Miss First Game of Season vs. Indiana Pacers
- Updated: November 16, 2016
In an effort to spare LeBron James the rigors of having to play on consecutive nights, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue will be keeping him out of Wednesday night’s road matchup against the Indiana Pacers according to ESPN’s sources.
ESPN Sources: LeBron James to sit out his first game of season when Cleveland Cavaliers face Indiana Pacers on the road this evening.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 16, 2016
The absence is clearly for maintenance purposes, as James had played 38 minutes on Tuesday night, the third game in a row he’s reached that amount. The game was a hard-fought battle in which the Cavaliers defeated the Toronto Raptors, 121-117, in a game that went down to the closing seconds.
James’s presence was needed in the game and he responded by narrowly missing a triple-double: 28 points, 14 assists, and nine rebounds.
In his previous two years since returning to the Cavaliers, the team has struggled when James has either been out due to injury or because of rest. They’ve also had problems simply winning in Indianapolis, so the pressure will be heightened on his teammates to improve the team’s season mark to 10-1 on the year.