- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: J.R. Smith to Miss Second Consecutive Game Against Raptors
- Updated: November 15, 2016
The news comes courtesy of Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue, who says that Smith has been dealing with a sore right ankle. Lue also went on to say that Smith “could’ve” played if he wanted to, however the team has decided to err on the side of caution.
J.R. Smith will miss his second straight game with a sore right ankle, per Ty Lue. Richard Jefferson will start in his place
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) November 15, 2016
Veteran small forward Richard Jefferson is expected to take the place of Smith in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s contest.
Smith is averaging 10.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 1.8 steals through eight games this season, and the Cavs hope to have him in the lineup on Wednesday night.