- LeBron James Explains Why He Doesn’t Want to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel
- Cavs News: Team Releases MRI Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: LeBron James Speaks on Status of His Near Injury
- LeBron James and Other Cavs Players Refuse to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel When Cavs Play Knicks
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Game Recap: Cavs Stop Three-Game Skid
- Cavs News: Team Releases Initial X-Ray Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: Kyrie Irving Delivers Sick Behind-the-Back Pass to LeBron James on Fast Break
- Video: J.R. Smith in Serious Pain After Landing Awkwardly on Left Knee
- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
Cavs News: J.R. Smith to Miss Second Consecutive Game Against Raptors
- Updated: November 15, 2016
The news comes courtesy of Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue, who says that Smith has been dealing with a sore right ankle. Lue also went on to say that Smith “could’ve” played if he wanted to, however the team has decided to err on the side of caution.
J.R. Smith will miss his second straight game with a sore right ankle, per Ty Lue. Richard Jefferson will start in his place
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) November 15, 2016
Veteran small forward Richard Jefferson is expected to take the place of Smith in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s contest.
Smith is averaging 10.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 1.8 steals through eight games this season, and the Cavs hope to have him in the lineup on Wednesday night.