- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls Game Recap: Lackadaisical Effort Leads to Third Straight Loss
- J.R. Smith Gives Possible Explanation for Recent Shooting Struggles
- Video: Dwyane Wade Trolls LeBron James in Wake of Lost World Series Bet
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Defensive Woes Continue
- Video: Kyrie Irving Punches Paul Pierce Out of Frustration
- Video: Kyrie Irving Loses Chris Paul With Nasty Dribble Move as Bench Erupts
- LeBron James Speaks About Possibly Meeting Warriors in Finals for Third Straight Year
- LeBron James Named Sports Illustrated’s 2016 Sportsperson of the Year
Kyrie Irving to Have Epic Nike Banner Hung Near Quicken Loans Arena
- Updated: October 30, 2016
That puts him in the same stratosphere as teammate LeBron James, whose own iconic banner has been a fixture during a good portion of his career with the team.
Cavs beat writer Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports that the banner won’t match the 10-foot size of James’ tribute. However, it will certainly be big enough for anyone walking near the busy area of East Fourth Street and Prospect Avenue to see.
Despite the disparity in the size of the respective banners, Irving has no problem with it.
“That’s fine,” Irving said. “That’s completely fine.”
It will hang on a building in that area near Quicken Loans Arena and have the slogan, “TAKE YOUR SHOTS … I’LL TAKE MINE,” on it. Ironically, Irving has yet to see the banner, though other members of his family have gotten a glimpse.
Irving and the Cavaliers have won their first three games to start the 2016-17 campaign and will host both the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics on Tuesday and Thursday, respectively.