- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
- Video: LeBron’s Priceless Reaction After His Most Obvious Travel of All-Time
Kyrie Irving to Have Epic Nike Banner Hung Near Quicken Loans Arena
- Updated: October 30, 2016
That puts him in the same stratosphere as teammate LeBron James, whose own iconic banner has been a fixture during a good portion of his career with the team.
Cavs beat writer Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports that the banner won’t match the 10-foot size of James’ tribute. However, it will certainly be big enough for anyone walking near the busy area of East Fourth Street and Prospect Avenue to see.
Despite the disparity in the size of the respective banners, Irving has no problem with it.
“That’s fine,” Irving said. “That’s completely fine.”
It will hang on a building in that area near Quicken Loans Arena and have the slogan, “TAKE YOUR SHOTS … I’LL TAKE MINE,” on it. Ironically, Irving has yet to see the banner, though other members of his family have gotten a glimpse.
Irving and the Cavaliers have won their first three games to start the 2016-17 campaign and will host both the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics on Tuesday and Thursday, respectively.