- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game Recap: Running Out of Gas
Kyrie Irving to Have Epic Nike Banner Hung Near Quicken Loans Arena
- Updated: October 30, 2016
That puts him in the same stratosphere as teammate LeBron James, whose own iconic banner has been a fixture during a good portion of his career with the team.
Cavs beat writer Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports that the banner won’t match the 10-foot size of James’ tribute. However, it will certainly be big enough for anyone walking near the busy area of East Fourth Street and Prospect Avenue to see.
Despite the disparity in the size of the respective banners, Irving has no problem with it.
“That’s fine,” Irving said. “That’s completely fine.”
It will hang on a building in that area near Quicken Loans Arena and have the slogan, “TAKE YOUR SHOTS … I’LL TAKE MINE,” on it. Ironically, Irving has yet to see the banner, though other members of his family have gotten a glimpse.
Irving and the Cavaliers have won their first three games to start the 2016-17 campaign and will host both the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics on Tuesday and Thursday, respectively.