- Video: Richard Jefferson Makes Fun of LeBron’s Newest SkyMall Purchase
- Video: Byron Scott Takes Stand on LeBron’s Rank in Today’s NBA
- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
Report: Kevin Garnett Talking to Cavs and Bucks About Potential Coaching Role
- Updated: October 28, 2016
The rumored possibility of retired Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett joining the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ coaching staff is surfacing once again with Garnett now reportedly considering a coaching “consultant” role.
Earlier on Thursday, Garnett accepted a position with TNT to join their studio show, which will undoubtedly take up a good portion of his time. The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Cavaliers could have competition for Garnett’s services, with the Milwaukee Bucks being a potential rival.
Sources: Beyond joining TNT's studio show, Kevin Garnett still talking w/ teams – including Cavs and Bucks – on 'coaching consultant' role.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 28, 2016
What a potential Garnett coaching consultancy would entail remains uncertain. However, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had previously been enthusiastic about the prospect of Garnett potentially joining the coaching staff. The future Hall of Famer has two decades of on-court experience that Lue believes could be invaluable in helping the Cavaliers as they try to win consecutive NBA titles.
Lue and Garnett have a history together, with Garnett playing for the Boston Celtics and Lue serving as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers from 2009-13.