- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Report: Kevin Garnett Talking to Cavs and Bucks About Potential Coaching Role
- Updated: October 28, 2016
The rumored possibility of retired Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett joining the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ coaching staff is surfacing once again with Garnett now reportedly considering a coaching “consultant” role.
Earlier on Thursday, Garnett accepted a position with TNT to join their studio show, which will undoubtedly take up a good portion of his time. The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Cavaliers could have competition for Garnett’s services, with the Milwaukee Bucks being a potential rival.
Sources: Beyond joining TNT's studio show, Kevin Garnett still talking w/ teams – including Cavs and Bucks – on 'coaching consultant' role.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 28, 2016
What a potential Garnett coaching consultancy would entail remains uncertain. However, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had previously been enthusiastic about the prospect of Garnett potentially joining the coaching staff. The future Hall of Famer has two decades of on-court experience that Lue believes could be invaluable in helping the Cavaliers as they try to win consecutive NBA titles.
Lue and Garnett have a history together, with Garnett playing for the Boston Celtics and Lue serving as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers from 2009-13.