- Video: J.R. Smith in Serious Pain After Landing Awkwardly on Left Knee
- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls Game Recap: Lackadaisical Effort Leads to Third Straight Loss
- J.R. Smith Gives Possible Explanation for Recent Shooting Struggles
- Video: Dwyane Wade Trolls LeBron James in Wake of Lost World Series Bet
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Defensive Woes Continue
- Video: Kyrie Irving Punches Paul Pierce Out of Frustration
- Video: Kyrie Irving Loses Chris Paul With Nasty Dribble Move as Bench Erupts
- LeBron James Speaks About Possibly Meeting Warriors in Finals for Third Straight Year
Cavs News: Cavs Announce Final Roster for Start of 2016-17 NBA Season
- Updated: October 24, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers officially got down to the 15-player limit on Monday afternoon by announcing that they had waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones. The move had been rumored last week, with DeAndre Liggins now having earned the final spot on the roster.
The Cavs have waived Dahntay Jones to get their roster to 15. DeAndre Liggins appears to have made the team
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) October 24, 2016
Jones, who had been signed just before the end of last year’s regular season, had appeared in two of the team’s six preseason contests. In those games, he averaged 20.4 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.
— ®️ ᕮ ᑎ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶♏ (@RYSEN09) October 24, 2016
There’s no word on how the Cavs dealt with the contract of returning veteran Mo Williams. They had been working on a settlement offer or a possible trade of his contract.
Cleveland opens up its season on Tuesday night with a home game against the New York Knicks. Tip-off will be just after 7:30 p.m., with the team receiving their championship rings in a ceremony that will begin 30 minutes earlier.