- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: Cavs Announce Final Roster for Start of 2016-17 NBA Season
- Updated: October 24, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers officially got down to the 15-player limit on Monday afternoon by announcing that they had waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones. The move had been rumored last week, with DeAndre Liggins now having earned the final spot on the roster.
The Cavs have waived Dahntay Jones to get their roster to 15. DeAndre Liggins appears to have made the team
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) October 24, 2016
Jones, who had been signed just before the end of last year’s regular season, had appeared in two of the team’s six preseason contests. In those games, he averaged 20.4 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.
— ®️ ᕮ ᑎ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶♏ (@RYSEN09) October 24, 2016
There’s no word on how the Cavs dealt with the contract of returning veteran Mo Williams. They had been working on a settlement offer or a possible trade of his contract.
Cleveland opens up its season on Tuesday night with a home game against the New York Knicks. Tip-off will be just after 7:30 p.m., with the team receiving their championship rings in a ceremony that will begin 30 minutes earlier.