- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
Cavs News: Cavs Announce Final Roster for Start of 2016-17 NBA Season
- Updated: October 24, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers officially got down to the 15-player limit on Monday afternoon by announcing that they had waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones. The move had been rumored last week, with DeAndre Liggins now having earned the final spot on the roster.
The Cavs have waived Dahntay Jones to get their roster to 15. DeAndre Liggins appears to have made the team
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) October 24, 2016
Jones, who had been signed just before the end of last year’s regular season, had appeared in two of the team’s six preseason contests. In those games, he averaged 20.4 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.
— ®️ ᕮ ᑎ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶♏ (@RYSEN09) October 24, 2016
There’s no word on how the Cavs dealt with the contract of returning veteran Mo Williams. They had been working on a settlement offer or a possible trade of his contract.
Cleveland opens up its season on Tuesday night with a home game against the New York Knicks. Tip-off will be just after 7:30 p.m., with the team receiving their championship rings in a ceremony that will begin 30 minutes earlier.