- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Dwyane Wade Clarifies Where He Thinks LeBron James Will Rank All-Time at End of Career
- Updated: October 14, 2016
Well, now it seems like Wade has retracted those statements as he clarified to Steve Aschburner of NBA.com what he really meant to say.
“My comment was, to me, as an individual person, Michael Jordan is my favorite basketball player of all time. No one is going to be my favorite like Michael Jordan,” Wade explained. “LeBron, when it’s all said and done and his career is over, yes, he’s arguably a Top 3 player of all time. And depending on what era you grew up in, you can decide who’s one, who’s two, who’s three.
“All the numbers are not going to match up. Some players probably don’t think Michael Jordan’s the greatest. You go back to Bill Russell. You go back to Kareem. There’s so many players that could be there. I just felt that, for me, how much higher can you go? LeBron James could win 10 more championships – that doesn’t make you a better player. He’s as great as it gets. So now y’all decide the rankings. But for me, Michael Jordan is my No. 1 favorite player of all time.”
So there you have it. Although Wade says that nobody will ever top Jordan in his eyes, he does concede that James will probably end up being a top-three player of all-time. Now, who ends up being No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 is a matter of personal preference according to Wade, and a discussion we’re sure to have many more times in the near future.