- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Video: Fan Mistakes Patrick Patterson for LeBron James in Cleveland
- Updated: October 13, 2016
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is easily recognizable across the country and on an international level. He’s definitely recognizable in Cleveland, yet that didn’t stop one Cavaliers fan from mistaking the Toronto Raptors’ Patrick Patterson for James on Wednesday night.
Patterson was in Cleveland with his Raptors teammates to face the Cavs in a Thursday night preseason contest. While waiting in line at a Chipotle restaurant, a woman asked if he was James. Patterson disabused her of that notion, though a friend of the woman commented that the 6’9″ Patterson was too skinny and small to be James, which annoyed him.
The encounter was bizarre enough for Patterson to post his side of the story on the social media outlet, Snapchat. To add to the absurdity, Patterson included some available filters, with the disposable comments saved by a Twitter user.
Raptors forward Patrick Patterson's story about how someone thought he was LeBron at a Chipotle IN CLEVELAND 😂
SC: pat_patterson pic.twitter.com/tX3fuRcM4D
— Alysha Tsuji (@AlyshaTsuji) October 13, 2016
The Raptors return to Cleveland on November 15, though Patterson hasn’t indicated if he’ll patronize Chipotle again. There’s also no word if James plans on standing in line at a Toronto restaurant, either.