- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
Video: Fan Mistakes Patrick Patterson for LeBron James in Cleveland
- Updated: October 13, 2016
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is easily recognizable across the country and on an international level. He’s definitely recognizable in Cleveland, yet that didn’t stop one Cavaliers fan from mistaking the Toronto Raptors’ Patrick Patterson for James on Wednesday night.
Patterson was in Cleveland with his Raptors teammates to face the Cavs in a Thursday night preseason contest. While waiting in line at a Chipotle restaurant, a woman asked if he was James. Patterson disabused her of that notion, though a friend of the woman commented that the 6’9″ Patterson was too skinny and small to be James, which annoyed him.
The encounter was bizarre enough for Patterson to post his side of the story on the social media outlet, Snapchat. To add to the absurdity, Patterson included some available filters, with the disposable comments saved by a Twitter user.
Raptors forward Patrick Patterson's story about how someone thought he was LeBron at a Chipotle IN CLEVELAND 😂
SC: pat_patterson pic.twitter.com/tX3fuRcM4D
— Alysha Tsuji (@AlyshaTsuji) October 13, 2016
The Raptors return to Cleveland on November 15, though Patterson hasn’t indicated if he’ll patronize Chipotle again. There’s also no word if James plans on standing in line at a Toronto restaurant, either.