- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
Cavs News: Larry Drew Promoted to Associate Head Coach
- Updated: September 27, 2016
Drew, 58, has been a coach in the NBA for over 20 years. The journeyman was even a head coach for the Atlanta Hawks and Milwaukee Bucks in recent years before joining the Cavaliers in 2014.
In addition to promoting Drew, the 2016 champions announced that former player Damon Jones has been named an assistant coach. The 40-year-old was previously a “shooting consultant” with the Cavaliers and the team’s D-League affiliate Canton Charge. Jones and LeBron James played together in the 2007 NBA Finals, providing chemistry and history.
The changes signify a solid foundation to start the season off with. Last season, not everyone was on the same page as David Blatt was fired midway through the year. Although Lue picked things up, it took time and nearly cost the Cavs the No. 1 spot in the Eastern Conference.
By establishing a strong coaching staff during training camp, the team should have no problem jelling together before they get ready to defend their title in October.