- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Las Vegas Releases Cavs’ 2016-17 Total Wins Prediction
- Updated: September 21, 2016
Once again, the Cleveland Cavaliers are heavy favorites to dominate the Eastern Conference. According to the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, the Cavaliers’ over/under win total is projected to be 56.5. That would give them the second-highest projected win total in the NBA. Only the Golden State Warriors have a higher over/under wins projection at 66.5.
Last year, the Cavaliers finished the regular season with 57 wins, so it looks like Vegas believes LeBron James and company should see themselves in a similar situation in 2016-17, which makes sense considering the team’s core group of players remains intact. As far as the next best in the East, it looks like Vegas believes the Boston Celtics will finish strong with an over/under of 51.5.
According to these over/under projections, the Cavaliers are tied with the San Antonio Spurs, who are also projected to win 56.5 games. However, it may be tough for them to achieve this feat in their first season without the all-time great Tim Duncan leading the way.
Here is the entire list of NBA over/under win totals as projected by the Westgate Superbook: