- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Video: Kyle Korver Speaks for First Time on Trade to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Have Made Final Decision on Jordan McRae’s Future With Team
- NBA Twitter Explodes Over Cavs’ Acquisition of Kyle Korver
Report: Eric Moreland Agrees to Training Camp Deal With Cavs
- Updated: September 14, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers are making moves.
The 2016 NBA champions continue their training camp invites by adding power forward Eric Moreland to the list, per David Pick, a basketball reporter who writes for Bleacher Report and other outlets.
The Cavaliers have signed ex-Kings forward Eric Moreland to training camp deal, according to source.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 13, 2016
Moreland, 24, spent his first two seasons in the NBA with the Sacramento Kings, but didn’t get a qualifying offer from them. Although the 6’10” forward didn’t show much promise in Sacramento, he made his presence known in the D-League. In 12 games with the Reno Bighorns, the big man averaged 12.0 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.
The loss of Timofey Mozgov to the Los Angeles Lakers could really open up a roster spot for Moreland. The team added center Chris Andersen to bolster their big man presence off the bench, but the Andersen is 38 and not as versatile as he used to be. Moreland will get a chance to prove he has what it takes to be that young, strong presence off the bench.