- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Free Agent Guard Markel Brown
- Updated: September 6, 2016
Sources: Brooklyn free agent Markel Brown has agreed to a deal with Cleveland. Brown is among Cavs' camp invites to battle for open spots.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) September 6, 2016
Brown will have the opportunity to compete for a spot on the team’s 15-man roster, as the Cavs currently have just 12 fully guaranteed contracts.
Guard J.R. Smith appears likely to sign a contract with the team at some point, so Brown will essentially be competing with DeAndre Liggins, Jordan McRae, and Cory Jefferson for a roster spot on the team.
The 24-year-old guard has spent the last two seasons with the Brooklyn Nets, averaging 5.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 109 total games with the team.