- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Kyrie Irving Expected to Miss Team USA Exhibition Game with Injury
- Updated: August 2, 2016
Sam Amico tweeted the information, noting that the Indiana Pacers’ Paul George will also sit out the contest:
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) August 1, 2016
The game will be the final tune-up before the start of Olympic play on Saturday. Given the ease with which the United States is expected to win the contest, team head coach Mike Krzyzewski sees little reason to risk the health of two key performers.
Thus far, Irving has averaged 8.5 points and 3.7 assists per game. His time has been limited simply because none of the final margins have been less than 30 points, in favor of the United States.
Entering the Olympics, Irving remains confident that Team USA will come away with its third consecutive gold medal.
“I think we just have a great mix of guys here. The oldest guy is Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and he’s just a great leader for us,” Irving said. “I have a lot of respect for a lot of guys on this team. Seeing them in this environment is different, but I just try to learn as much as possible.”