- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
Report: Kyrie Irving Expected to Miss Team USA Exhibition Game with Injury
- Updated: August 2, 2016
Sam Amico tweeted the information, noting that the Indiana Pacers’ Paul George will also sit out the contest:
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) August 1, 2016
The game will be the final tune-up before the start of Olympic play on Saturday. Given the ease with which the United States is expected to win the contest, team head coach Mike Krzyzewski sees little reason to risk the health of two key performers.
Thus far, Irving has averaged 8.5 points and 3.7 assists per game. His time has been limited simply because none of the final margins have been less than 30 points, in favor of the United States.
Entering the Olympics, Irving remains confident that Team USA will come away with its third consecutive gold medal.
“I think we just have a great mix of guys here. The oldest guy is Melo (Carmelo Anthony) and he’s just a great leader for us,” Irving said. “I have a lot of respect for a lot of guys on this team. Seeing them in this environment is different, but I just try to learn as much as possible.”