- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Video: Coach K Yells ‘F— You’ to Kyrie Irving After Being Mocked
- Updated: July 21, 2016
The perils of live television were shown again on NBA TV when Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving decided to joke around during a practice on Wednesday night with the United States Olympic men’s basketball team. The problem was that head coach Mike Krzyzewski wasn’t in on the joke and responded with a blunt (and profane) comment.
Krzyzewski was in the midst of showing how players could get around a pick as Irving prepared to throw the ball into play. The sight of Krzyzewski moving around caused Irving to start laughing, which resulted in Krzyzewski stopping and quickly saying to Irving, “F— you.” That was followed just a few seconds later by the same retort.
The comment was a momentary annoyance, with the relationship between Krzyzewski and Irving still remaining strong. In his only season playing for Duke University during the 2010-11 season, Irving was limited to just 11 games due to a toe injury.