- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Video: Coach K Yells ‘F— You’ to Kyrie Irving After Being Mocked
- Updated: July 21, 2016
The perils of live television were shown again on NBA TV when Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving decided to joke around during a practice on Wednesday night with the United States Olympic men’s basketball team. The problem was that head coach Mike Krzyzewski wasn’t in on the joke and responded with a blunt (and profane) comment.
Krzyzewski was in the midst of showing how players could get around a pick as Irving prepared to throw the ball into play. The sight of Krzyzewski moving around caused Irving to start laughing, which resulted in Krzyzewski stopping and quickly saying to Irving, “F— you.” That was followed just a few seconds later by the same retort.
The comment was a momentary annoyance, with the relationship between Krzyzewski and Irving still remaining strong. In his only season playing for Duke University during the 2010-11 season, Irving was limited to just 11 games due to a toe injury.