- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Looking to Trade for Russell Westbrook
- Updated: July 15, 2016
In a rumored effort to maintain the status quo among the NBA’s elite teams, the Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly one of eight teams seeking to acquire Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook according to Matt Moore of CBS Sports.
However, part of the price tag for that acquisition would be giving up the team’s current starting point guard, Kyrie Irving and a future first-round selection.
The Thunder are facing the strong likelihood of the 27-year-old Westbrook leaving in free agency after next season, following in the footsteps of Kevin Durant, who left the team to play for the Golden State Warriors.
Should the deal come about, Westbrook would be reunited with former UCLA teammate Kevin Love. Westbrook, who averaged 23.5 points, 10.4 assists and 7.8 rebounds per game last season, would obviously need to be locked up long-term for the Cavs to even consider trading Irving.
The likelihood of Irving leaving is seriously open to question in any event. That’s due to the fact that he hit the go-ahead shot in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. That three-pointer gave the Cavs their first-ever title and the city of Cleveland its first championship in 52 years.