- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
Cavs News: Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Cavaliers on Two-Year Deal
- Updated: July 7, 2016
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reported that Jefferson announced via Snapchat that the two-year agreement that will pay him $5 million was in place. Jefferson passed up potentially more lucrative offers with other teams, but posted the enthusiastic message: “Can’t wait to repeat…2 year deal done!! The Land you ready?” on his account.
Jefferson had initially announced, immediately after the Cavaliers won the NBA title on June 19, that he would be retiring. However, he appeared to waver three days later at the team’s championship celebration, then later said that he was looking forward to playing two or three more years.
The important role that Jefferson played all season, especially during the postseason, was one reason why the Cavs were eager to bring him back. That role was in spite of his offensive production of 5.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.