- Several Warriors Players Reveal the One Cavs Player They Actually Like
- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
Cavs News: Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Cavaliers on Two-Year Deal
- Updated: July 7, 2016
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reported that Jefferson announced via Snapchat that the two-year agreement that will pay him $5 million was in place. Jefferson passed up potentially more lucrative offers with other teams, but posted the enthusiastic message: “Can’t wait to repeat…2 year deal done!! The Land you ready?” on his account.
Jefferson had initially announced, immediately after the Cavaliers won the NBA title on June 19, that he would be retiring. However, he appeared to waver three days later at the team’s championship celebration, then later said that he was looking forward to playing two or three more years.
The important role that Jefferson played all season, especially during the postseason, was one reason why the Cavs were eager to bring him back. That role was in spite of his offensive production of 5.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.