- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
NBA News: Kevin Durant Announces Free Agency Decision via The Players’ Tribune
- Updated: July 4, 2016
Having been vanquished by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, the Golden State Warriors took a major step to change that result during the free agency process by winning the Kevin Durant sweepstakes.
Durant, who had spent his entire career with the Oklahoma City Thunder franchise (including when the team was based in Seattle), made his official announcement via The Player’s Tribune.
“It really pains me to know that I will disappoint so many people with this choice, but I believe I am doing what I feel is the right thing at this point in my life and my playing career,” Durant said.
Durant signed a two-year deal with the Warriors for $54 million, though the second year is a player option.
Kevin Durant will sign a two-year deal with the Warriors at $54.3 million, league sources say, with a Player Option for Year 2
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 4, 2016
Golden State’s move was a clear indication that they plan on returning to the NBA Finals for the third year in a row. That could possibly set the stage for a third straight finals matchup between the Cavaliers and Warriors, though two NBA teams reaching the final round for three straight years has never been done before.