- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
Cavs News: Matthew Dellavedova Agrees to Four-Year, $38M Deal with Bucks
- Updated: July 1, 2016
Matthew Dellavedova has impressed NBA scouts for the past two seasons and had contributed heavily to two consecutive NBA Finals runs for the Cleveland Cavaliers before becoming a restricted free agent this offseason.
And now, because of his impressive play on the court, Dellavedova has agreed in principle to a four-year, $38 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to ESPN’s Zach Lowe.
Because of his restricted free-agent status, the Cavs will have the ability to match the Bucks’ offer within three days once the moratorium period ends on July 7.
Dellavedova averaged 7.5 points per game, 4.4 assists and 2.1 rebounds in 76 games played for the Cavs last season. He also appeared in 20 games during this season’s championship run for Cleveland.
The 25-year-old point guard has spent his entire career with the Cavs organization, signing as an undrafted free agent before the 2013-14 season.
Dellavedova is known for his defensive ability and full throttle intensity at all times. His play has sometimes earned him a reputation as a dirty player.
With Mo Williams under contract for $2.1 million for another season at the backup point guard position, it is unclear whether the Cavs are willing to match the offer sheet at this point.