- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Klay Thompson’s Father Who Called LeBron ‘Soft,’ Called Off Work
- Updated: June 21, 2016
Mychal Thompson, father of Golden State Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson, is a host on ESPN Radio 710’s “Thompson & Trudell.”
During the NBA Finals Thompson was seen openly criticizing Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James, calling him “soft” and saying that he “couldn’t have survived in the ’80s with the physicality and the words guys said to each other back then.”
As it turns out, not only was Thompson wrong as James and the Cavs came back from a 3-1 deficit to historically knock off the winningest team in NBA history, but the former Los Angeles Laker was so defeated, that he failed to show up to work the next day.
He reportedly called off of work due to “undisclosed reasons,” however something tells me he might’ve got his feelings hurt.