- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Kevin Love (Concussion) Ruled out for Game 3
- Updated: June 8, 2016
Kevin Love is officially out for Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
That news came down early Wednesday afternoon after it was reported by ESPN’s Marc Stein that Love had been lobbying hard to be medically cleared for Game 3. But according to several reports, Love has been informed that the earliest he can hope to be cleared is for Game 4, which is scheduled for Friday at 9 p.m.
He has been in the concussion protocol since removing himself from the third quarter of Game 2 against the Golden State Warriors. The initial injury was a result of a Harrison Barnes elbow to the back of the head after going for a rebound with about five minutes left in the second quarter. Love initially stayed in the contest, but removed himself after feeling dizziness and other concussion-like symptoms.
The protocol dictates that Love is required to gradually increase his physical activity and remain symptom-free before he can be cleared to play by both team and league doctors.
Love did not practice with the Cavs Tuesday, and reportedly was not around during the media portion of shootaround Wednesday morning. Michael Singer of USA Today reported that Love did participate in a portion of the shootaround, but it obviously wasn’t enough to convince doctors that Love was medically ready to play.