- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs News: Kevin Love (Concussion) Ruled out for Game 3
- Updated: June 8, 2016
Kevin Love is officially out for Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
That news came down early Wednesday afternoon after it was reported by ESPN’s Marc Stein that Love had been lobbying hard to be medically cleared for Game 3. But according to several reports, Love has been informed that the earliest he can hope to be cleared is for Game 4, which is scheduled for Friday at 9 p.m.
He has been in the concussion protocol since removing himself from the third quarter of Game 2 against the Golden State Warriors. The initial injury was a result of a Harrison Barnes elbow to the back of the head after going for a rebound with about five minutes left in the second quarter. Love initially stayed in the contest, but removed himself after feeling dizziness and other concussion-like symptoms.
The protocol dictates that Love is required to gradually increase his physical activity and remain symptom-free before he can be cleared to play by both team and league doctors.
Love did not practice with the Cavs Tuesday, and reportedly was not around during the media portion of shootaround Wednesday morning. Michael Singer of USA Today reported that Love did participate in a portion of the shootaround, but it obviously wasn’t enough to convince doctors that Love was medically ready to play.