- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
Cavs Hint at Who Will Replace Kevin Love in Starting Lineup of Game 3
- Updated: June 8, 2016
With Kevin Love officially out for Wednesday night’s Game 3 of the NBA Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers need to find a replacement for him in the starting lineup as they take on the Golden State Warriors.
If Akron Beacon Journal beat writer Jason Lloyd’s tweet is of any indication, the decision has officially been made with Richard Jefferson being the choice:
Meanwhile, Richard Jefferson is last player on practice court this morning getting up shots. And he's wearing a starter's jersey.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) June 8, 2016
Lloyd indicated that the 35-year-old Jefferson was wearing a starter’s jersey during the team’s shootaround this morning. During the regular season, he started five of the 74 games he played for the team.
Three of those starts came in the first five weeks of the season, another came in place of LeBron James against Washington on February 28 and the last one came in the regular season finale against Detroit on April 13. All of his postseason performances have been as a reserve.