- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs Hint at Who Will Replace Kevin Love in Starting Lineup of Game 3
- Updated: June 8, 2016
With Kevin Love officially out for Wednesday night’s Game 3 of the NBA Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers need to find a replacement for him in the starting lineup as they take on the Golden State Warriors.
If Akron Beacon Journal beat writer Jason Lloyd’s tweet is of any indication, the decision has officially been made with Richard Jefferson being the choice:
Meanwhile, Richard Jefferson is last player on practice court this morning getting up shots. And he's wearing a starter's jersey.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) June 8, 2016
Lloyd indicated that the 35-year-old Jefferson was wearing a starter’s jersey during the team’s shootaround this morning. During the regular season, he started five of the 74 games he played for the team.
Three of those starts came in the first five weeks of the season, another came in place of LeBron James against Washington on February 28 and the last one came in the regular season finale against Detroit on April 13. All of his postseason performances have been as a reserve.