- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
NBA Announces Top Selling Jerseys for 2015-16 Season
- Updated: May 13, 2016
Stephen Curry may be the talk of the NBA these days, but LeBron James’ following remains strong after 13 years in the league.
According to sales on the NBA’s official online site, the Cleveland Cavaliers star ranked third in jersey sales for the 2015-16 regular season. Curry ranked No. 1 in sales, while the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant placed No. 2 in his final season.
Prior to last year’s playoffs, the 31-year-old James had been the NBA’s leading jersey seller for the last six consecutive periods. Curry first passed James on the list during the playoffs last season.
James’ teammate, Kyrie Irving, placed ninth in overall jersey sales for the period. The pair of Cavaliers helped the team place fourth in overall team merchandising.
As is always the case with sports merchandise sales, the top spots usually go to the players and teams that have won the most recent championship. In this case, both Curry and the Warriors ranked No. 1 in their respective categories.
If Cleveland is able to win its first championship as a franchise, you can expect James to reclaim his throne as the NBA’s top jersey-selling player.