- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
NBA Announces Top Selling Jerseys for 2015-16 Season
- Updated: May 13, 2016
Stephen Curry may be the talk of the NBA these days, but LeBron James’ following remains strong after 13 years in the league.
According to sales on the NBA’s official online site, the Cleveland Cavaliers star ranked third in jersey sales for the 2015-16 regular season. Curry ranked No. 1 in sales, while the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant placed No. 2 in his final season.
Prior to last year’s playoffs, the 31-year-old James had been the NBA’s leading jersey seller for the last six consecutive periods. Curry first passed James on the list during the playoffs last season.
James’ teammate, Kyrie Irving, placed ninth in overall jersey sales for the period. The pair of Cavaliers helped the team place fourth in overall team merchandising.
As is always the case with sports merchandise sales, the top spots usually go to the players and teams that have won the most recent championship. In this case, both Curry and the Warriors ranked No. 1 in their respective categories.
If Cleveland is able to win its first championship as a franchise, you can expect James to reclaim his throne as the NBA’s top jersey-selling player.