- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
LeBron James to Star in ‘Space Jam’ Sequel
- Updated: May 2, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James off-court schedule just became a little busier on Monday with news that he would star in a sequel of the 1996 film, “Space Jam,” which starred one of James’ childhood idols, Michael Jordan.
The Hollywood Reporter gave no time frame as to when the film would be shot. However, they did say that the trio of Justin Lin, Alfredo Botello and Andrew Dodge are currently in the midst of writing the script.
The original movie was a combination of live action and animation with the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon characters teaming with Jordan to fight aliens by playing basketball against them. The film ended up grossing $230.4 million.
Last July, James’ production company, SpringHill Entertainment, signed a deal with Warner Bros. to produce television programs and movies.