- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cleveland Cavaliers and Cleveland Indians Make Professional Sports History
- Updated: April 26, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers finished out its best-of-seven series on Sunday night with a clean sweep of the Detroit Pistons, 100-98.
Point guard Kyrie Irving led the Cavaliers down the stretch and finished the evening with a game-high 31 points to go along with three rebounds and five assists.
In addition to the Cavs closing out its series, another Cleveland sports franchise finished out its series as well in the same exact manner.
The Cleveland Indians of the MLB got the job done against the Detroit Tigers in order to finish off its sweep of the weekend series.
According to Elias Sports Bureau, this marks only the second time that an NBA and major-league team from the same city completed sweeps of the same opposing city on the same day.